*This is a Vinyl LP*
Release Date: 2021
Label: World Music Network
1. King Oliver’s Creole Jazz Band – Dippermouth Blues (1923)
2. Eddie Lang – Eddie’s Twister (1927)
3. Jelly Roll Morton’s Red Hot Peppers – Doctor Jazz (1926)
4. Earl Hines – I Ain’t Got Nobody And Nobody Cares For Me (1928)
5. Freddie Keppard’s Jazz Cardinals – Salty Dog (1926)
6. Frankie Trumbauer and his Orchestra – Way Down Yonder In New Orleans (1927)
7. Duke Ellington and his Orchestra – Black And Tan Fantasy (1927)
1. Louis Armstrong Orchestra – Muggles (1928)
2. Original Dixieland Jazz Band – Tiger Rag (1918)
3. James P. Johnson – Carolina Shout (1921)
4. Bix Beiderbecke and his Gang – Ol’ Man River (1928)
5. New Orleans Rhythm Kings – Bugle Call Blues (1922)
6. Fats Waller – Muscle Shoals Blues (1922)
7. Fletcher Henderson and his Orchestra – The Stampede (1926)
Album traces the development of jazz and its early history!
Featuring the greats, Louis Armstrong, Jelly Roll Morton, and Duke Ellington
Plus instrumental soloists including Eddie Lang, Bix Beiderbecke, and Earl Hines
The perfect overview of emerging styles and key performers of early jazz in one album!
From humble origins in New Orleans to its journey upriver to Chicago, this Rough Guide charts the 1920s “golden age” of jazz with classic tracks by legends such as Louis Armstrong, Duke Ellington & Jelly Roll Morton as well as many other pioneering artists. Lovingly remastered using pioneering restoration techniques.