*This is a Vinyl LP*
Release Date: 2021
Label: Bear Family
- Here Comes Santa Claus – Bing Crosby & The Andrews Sisters
- It’s A Marshmellow World – Johnny Desmond
- Willy Claus (Little Son Of Santa Claus) – Molly Bee
- Ski Jump – Frederic Curzon & The New Concert Orchestra
- Sleigh Ride – Ella Fitzgerald
- Jingle Bells – Frank Sinatra
- Have Yourself A Merry Christmas – Judy Garland
- I Like A Sleighride (Jingle Bells) – Peggy Lee
- Die Schlittenpferde – Erhard Bauschke & sein Tanzorchester
- Willy Claus – The Dispoto Sisters
- Santa Claus Is Coming To Town Peggy Lee
- Winter Wonderland – The Lennon Sisters
- Jingle Bell Rock – Bobby Rydell & Chubby Checker
- Christmas Auld Lang Syne – Bobby Darin
Bear Family Records latest installment in the ‘Seasons’ LP series! Christmas with plenty of swing, jazz, rhythm & blues and light-hearted pop lets you enjoy the holidays with a certain ease! Nostalgic Christmas with 14 Lindy Hop-Jitterbug-Boogie-Jive and Easy Listening rarities from three decades, 1936 – 1966! Including the title song Here Comes Santa Claus by Bing Crosby and the Andrew Sisters. Hard to find is the rare shellac record by Frederic Curzon, brand new mastered and never before on CD! Johnny Desmond’s Marshmellow World alongside New Year’s Goosebumps classic, Auld Lang Syne in a version by Bobby Darin. In addition to the Andrews Sisters, there are other great female voices: Ella Fitzgerald, the Lennon Sisters or Peggy Lee with her smoky, lascivious voice. Last but not least, the Jingle Bell Rock is included in a cool swinging version!
What we started with our previous vinyl LP compilations, ‘A Swingin’ Little Christmas’ (BAF 18069) and ‘Heading For The Christmas Ball’ (BAF 18070), we want to continue with this one: to give the festival of love more exuberance, even if some songs are nostalgic and dreamy and you might even feel taken back to your own childhood. This Christmas disc invites you to the Christmas ball, to dance, to swing, to contemplation and exuberance among family members, friends, peers and guests.
Christmas Rarities Parade
Rare recordings that cannot be found on just any Christmas collection are the focus here. We can once again present a number of rarities, including I Like A Sleighride by Peggy Lee, the shellac title Ski Jump by Frederic Curzon and a rare German recording by Erhard Bauschke and his dance orchestra. Great female voices are heard from Ella Fitzgerald, Judy Garland, Molly Bee, The Dispoto Sisters, The Lennon Sisters and the Andrews Sisters. This music brings glamour to any cottage, with all the candles, lights and crackling stoves while it snows and storms outside….
The LP again features producer’s notes on each song, as well as photos and illustrations on the album cover.